Here’s a look at our top stories from last week:
- Examining Judge Lincoln’s ‘Transparency’ Record. Judge Lincoln recently said that his office has ‘always fully complied with Arkansas’ FOI law.’ We beg to differ.
- Why I Can’t Support White County Judge Lincoln. Community leader Scott Biddle weighs in on Judge Lincoln’s recording in light of the upcoming primary.
- Audio: New Ads In White County Focus On Judge Lincoln’s Record. Two new ads have hit the airwaves in White County. One ad highlights Judge Mike Lincoln’s ethics violation. The other focuses on his OEM director’s misuse of thousands of taxpayer dollars.
- The Patriot & Editor were honored by Searcy’s highly-esteemed newspaper of record in a Sunday editorial. You should read this post, especially if you’ve been wondering why I’ve been referring to myself as a ‘failed city council candidate’ a lot this week.
- TMZARK defends their social media policy. They hear us, they just don’t care. No really, they think this is a good strategy. Death is really good for their ratings!
- One of our most loyal readers has some questions for the Searcy paper. It’s amazing how partisan they were while deriding The Patriot as an example of “partisan politics at their worst” and “partisanship run amok.”
- The Arkansas Republican House caucus unveiled their strategy platform. Yeah, this happened like three weeks ago, but Bobby Petrino hijacked the news cycle and it didn’t get nearly enough coverage.
- Do drug testing requirements for welfare applicants constitute an ‘unfair search?’ The ACLU thinks so. SHOCKER.
- We’re going to vet the judge. You really will not want to miss this series of forthcoming articles about the White County Judge’s governing record.
- Governor Beebe controls the Searcy media? They’re singing a lovely harmony to his political dirge in Friday’s paper, generating a story that the bypass project may not be completed and of course, if it doesn’t, it’s all Senator Dismang’s fault.
- Nic joined The Paul Harrell Program for a great discussion about policy & politics in Arkansas. This 20 minute interview is good stuff.
- Governor Beebe has some great advice for Arkansas politicians: ‘Act like adults.’ Perhaps he should consider leading by example.
- KARK is obsessed with Petrino. These people just can’t leave it alone. Their latest: using a pic of Petrino & a pic of Jeff Long to garner divide Hog fans.
- ‘Beat that dead horse!’ No, not us. KARK. Their viewers staged a mini-revolt on their Facebook page this week in response to their Petrino coverage.
- White County Republican primary judge debate moderated by a Democrat. This is notable as part of a larger puzzle, but apparently it didn’t help Judge Lincoln too much. He still told several outright lies & had a poor performance.
- Reviewing the county judge debate. A citizen reporter provides a summary of the debate & grades both candidates.
- The Arkansas Project releases audio of the Arkansas Surgeon General’s arrest. What crime did he commit, exactly?
- Louisiana passes Arkansas again. The Bayou State gets school vouchers, thanks to the relentless work of Gov. Bobby Jindal.
- A Louisiana Dem compares school choice to the crucifixion of Jesus. Can’t make this stuff up if we wanted to, folks.
- Arkansas Voter’s Guide. Editor Nic Horton sat down with Family Council President Jerry Cox to discuss the group’s voter guide, a very valuable resource for Arkansas voters.
- Globetrotter Smith is ineligible…again. Is this the end of the Fred Smith saga? We think not.
Here’s a list of our top stories from this week:
- Congressman Crawford called me. He told me his millionaire surtax plan would only break his no-tax pledge if he voted for it–and he does plan to vote for it, if it makes it to the floor of the House–but ‘it would be worth it.’
- KARK continues their assault on journalistic decency. This time, Coach Bobby Petrino was the victim. The Patriot offered heart-felt prayers to Mark Zuckerberg on Coach Petrino’s behalf, per the request of KARK.
- Obama is against judicial review! Except when it fits his agenda, of course.
- Arizona leads the way on education reform. They’ve set the bar pretty high for Arkansas & the rest of the country.
- 2nd episode of Patriot Talk released. A guest & I review the Obamacare Supreme Court hearings.
- Arkansas Business, other blogs pick up on our KARK story. Also, KARK’s news director lies to me, and I explain my outrage further.
- Remembering why we celebrate Good Friday. The day death died.
Here’s a list of our top stories from this week:
- Democrat Kyle Osborne says he is against Obamacare…but it’s ‘not a bad idea.’ Read the full recap of this week’s healthcare forum in Searcy. (Still waiting to hear what Governor Beebe has to say about this)
- Joe Biden thanks Dr. Pepper. And The Patriot thanks you too! (ad check in the mail?)
- Local media hits new low & uses tragic death of 4-year old to solicit ‘likes’ & retweets. No apology or deletion of the post that we know of yet.
- Introducing Patriot Talk! This is our new video project to keep you informed about what’s going on in politics around the county, state, and country. The response has been terrific!
- Full text of the Taxpayer Protection Pledge. You know, the one that Congressman Crawford broke.
- Is the ‘Constitutional Carry Act’ Constitutional? Just what was the original intent of the founders regarding the federal Bill of Rights. Constitutional nerds, enjoy.
As always, thank you for reading!