- The Patriot & Editor were honored by Searcy’s highly-esteemed newspaper of record in a Sunday editorial. You should read this post, especially if you’ve been wondering why I’ve been referring to myself as a ‘failed city council candidate’ a lot this week.
- TMZARK defends their social media policy. They hear us, they just don’t care. No really, they think this is a good strategy. Death is really good for their ratings!
- One of our most loyal readers has some questions for the Searcy paper. It’s amazing how partisan they were while deriding The Patriot as an example of “partisan politics at their worst” and “partisanship run amok.”
- The Arkansas Republican House caucus unveiled their strategy platform. Yeah, this happened like three weeks ago, but Bobby Petrino hijacked the news cycle and it didn’t get nearly enough coverage.
- Do drug testing requirements for welfare applicants constitute an ‘unfair search?’ The ACLU thinks so. SHOCKER.
- We’re going to vet the judge. You really will not want to miss this series of forthcoming articles about the White County Judge’s governing record.
- Governor Beebe controls the Searcy media? They’re singing a lovely harmony to his political dirge in Friday’s paper, generating a story that the bypass project may not be completed and of course, if it doesn’t, it’s all Senator Dismang’s fault.
- Nic joined The Paul Harrell Program for a great discussion about policy & politics in Arkansas. This 20 minute interview is good stuff.
- Governor Beebe has some great advice for Arkansas politicians: ‘Act like adults.’ Perhaps he should consider leading by example.
Happy to be able to share this video of my appearance on The Paul Harrell Program yesterday afternoon.
I wish I could embed it and let you view it right here on the site, but unfortunately WordPress isn’t currently supporting embeds from UStream. (So does this make me a “failed city council candidate with a failed WordPress account?”)
Anyway, jump to the 1:05:00 mark and check out Paul’s awesome intro. I pop in right afterwards and stay on thru the whole segment. Hope you enjoy.
I very much enjoyed getting to visit with Paul & appreciate him having me on the show. We were able to discuss some of our recent coverage here on the blog, including my article on welfare drug testing, my thoughts on Congressman Rick Crawford’s millionaire tax plan, and the unveiling of the Arkansas House Republicans’ platform.
You can find the full interview here.
I will be appearing as a distinguished guest on The Paul Harrell Program today at 5 p.m. to discuss our work here at The Patriot, and Arkansas politics, including all of the tomfoolery that goes with it.
You can tune in live at AnswerTo.Us or listen on 1230 AM in northeast Arkansas.
(apparently Paul is as ‘sufficiently patriotic’ as we are and chose a great URL for his show’s website as well!)
If you can’t listen live, I believe we’ll be able to share some in-studio video after the program.
Hope you’ll tune in.