Here’s a list of our top stories from this week:
- Congressman Crawford called me. He told me his millionaire surtax plan would only break his no-tax pledge if he voted for it–and he does plan to vote for it, if it makes it to the floor of the House–but ‘it would be worth it.’
- KARK continues their assault on journalistic decency. This time, Coach Bobby Petrino was the victim. The Patriot offered heart-felt prayers to Mark Zuckerberg on Coach Petrino’s behalf, per the request of KARK.
- Obama is against judicial review! Except when it fits his agenda, of course.
- Arizona leads the way on education reform. They’ve set the bar pretty high for Arkansas & the rest of the country.
- 2nd episode of Patriot Talk released. A guest & I review the Obamacare Supreme Court hearings.
- Arkansas Business, other blogs pick up on our KARK story. Also, KARK’s news director lies to me, and I explain my outrage further.
- Remembering why we celebrate Good Friday. The day death died.
By Chuck Catania
As the new session in the Supreme Court gets underway, we are obliged to re-examine the Roberts Court. This summer, rhetoric of Sonya Sotomayor’s confirmation left Republicans and conservatives split. To oppose or to confirm, that is the question. Opposition, in many ways, was purely political, as is most opposition to Supreme Court appointees nowadays. Senator Jeff Sessions, among others in the more conservative side of the Republican Party, showed fierce resistance, and not surprisingly, in the end, symbolically rejected her nomination.
I’d like to take the time to point out that Justice Sotomayor is, despite what our politics may like to suggest, very qualified to serve on the bench. Continue reading