With a bad economy & ridiculously high gas prices, many cannot afford to travel out of state this summer. But there is a lot to do right here in Arkansas.
To commemorate the 175th birthday of the State of Arkansas, Arkansas.com hosted an online poll asking readers to vote for their favorite places to visit in The Natural State. In alpha order, here are the Top 10:
- Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock
- Bathhouse Row, Hot Springs
- Eureka Springs Downtown Historic District
- Garvan Woodland Gardens, Hot Springs
- MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History, Little Rock
- Ozark Folk Center State Park, Mountain View
- Ozark Medieval Fortress, Lead Hill
- Petit Jean State Park, Morrilton
- Shiloh Museum of Ozark History, Springdale
- Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, Eureka Springs
So far I have visited numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8. Number 7 is definitely next on my list.
The Arkansas Patriot is a conservative organization dedicated to equipping citizens with the truth, insuring transparent government, and encouraging citizens to question their government boldly. Contact The Patriot at email@example.com