It will be mostly an open format where citizens are allowed to ask questions (*GASP*).
Friends of open government should attend and ask questions like:
- Why did the city repeal its only transparency ordinance? Was it really to avoid a ‘huge box crisis?’ And why didn’t the mayor stop it?
- Why isn’t the city budget online yet?
- What, specifically, has the city done to promote transparency in government?
- Is SearcyStreets.com ready to go, as promised, since the collection of our latest tax increase begins next week?
- Now that we’ve voted in a tax for a bypass, are we any closer to knowing the path of the road?
The meeting begins at 7 p.m.