- The Patriot & Editor were honored by Searcy’s highly-esteemed newspaper of record in a Sunday editorial. You should read this post, especially if you’ve been wondering why I’ve been referring to myself as a ‘failed city council candidate’ a lot this week.
- TMZARK defends their social media policy. They hear us, they just don’t care. No really, they think this is a good strategy. Death is really good for their ratings!
- One of our most loyal readers has some questions for the Searcy paper. It’s amazing how partisan they were while deriding The Patriot as an example of “partisan politics at their worst” and “partisanship run amok.”
- The Arkansas Republican House caucus unveiled their strategy platform. Yeah, this happened like three weeks ago, but Bobby Petrino hijacked the news cycle and it didn’t get nearly enough coverage.
- Do drug testing requirements for welfare applicants constitute an ‘unfair search?’ The ACLU thinks so. SHOCKER.
- We’re going to vet the judge. You really will not want to miss this series of forthcoming articles about the White County Judge’s governing record.
- Governor Beebe controls the Searcy media? They’re singing a lovely harmony to his political dirge in Friday’s paper, generating a story that the bypass project may not be completed and of course, if it doesn’t, it’s all Senator Dismang’s fault.
- Nic joined The Paul Harrell Program for a great discussion about policy & politics in Arkansas. This 20 minute interview is good stuff.
- Governor Beebe has some great advice for Arkansas politicians: ‘Act like adults.’ Perhaps he should consider leading by example.